Friday, November 7, 2008

ONWARD ONWARD

Dan Boren, Ok 2, co-sponsor of the Fair Tax was reelected to his congressional seat. That is good news for us. Bob Conley, Democratic challenger to Lindsey Graham in North Carolina did not win but hopefully he did raise enough awareness to let Senator Graham know that it is an issue many are concerned about and support and hopefully he will return to run again another day. Please contact Mr. Conley and encourage him to stay in the struggle to see the passage of the Fair Tax even though it has to be from a different perspective than he had hoped.

I have waited to post here to try to sort out in my own mind where we are with regard to the upcoming administration. I've read two contrasting views. One is that since so few Democratic elected officials support the Fair Tax that it is a big setback for the movement. The other theory is that since the Democrats control the executive and legislative branches that it will soften their resistance. I will hold my opinion, hope for the later and work as I have for the past 9 years but hopefully with a continued swelling passion.

I often ponder why we are not closer to passage given the length of time the movement has been in existence. But pondering has not resulted in a conclusion. I have to resist the urge to be critical (although sometimes I fail). I think being critical is the first step to discouragement and there is no place in a marathon (which this movement is) for discouragement. It is a killer.

1 comment:

Burgener said...

We're slowly getting closer to the FairTax. Maybe it'll have to be done from the states, as the US constitution allows.